Modern Windows has been manufacturing and installing vinyl and aluminum windows since 1984. As you can imagine, we've worked some things out in this time including how to build a window that is meant for the West Coast and keep the costing very reasonable. The residents of the West Coast realize that rain does not just travel vertically here but it can travel horizontally too. Unlike a lot of U.S. based windows we’ve worked out a frame construction that is built to withstand the wicked West Coast weather and withstand heavy wind and water loads.
Energy Star Vinyl Windows
In our state of the art factory in Powell River, BC we craft Vinyl Energy Star windows that feature a life time finish, extreme wind load strength and special features to reduce and eliminate condensation. Modern's Vinyl Windows offers the home owner a cost effective, highly durable window with and extremely high energy efficiency. More on Vinyl Windows.
- Manufacturing? All windows are made in Powell River, BC (since 1984).
- Installation? We install all of our own windows. We do not subcontract our installation.
- Renovating? – We offer both full cut out (nail –on windows) and a renovation/rebate window.
- DIY - Looking to Do the install Yourself? No troubles, we can supply the windows only.
- New Construction? – Send us your plans and we’ll send you a free quote!
- Energy Star®? An option in all of our window series (Casement, Awning & even Sliders)
- Energy Efficiency & Zone Rating? All of our Vinyl Windows are Energy Star Certified and come with Low E (Hard or Soft Coat) and Argon. They are Zone Rated A, B & C. More on our Vinyl Energy Ratings.
- Colours? Standard colours are White and Beige but we do offer any and all custom colours.
- Warranty? 20 Years on Frame, 10 Years on glass & 2 Years on Parts & Labour. Find a better Warranty, we’ll match it.
- More standard features? Argon, LowE, Brass Rollers & removable screens with every window.
- Customizable options? Grids, glass, frame colours, etc.
- Quieter? Yes, new Vinyl windows actually reduce road and outside noise.
Modern is one of the very few Manufactures of aluminum frame windows especially popular in custom homes and commercial applications. An ultra thin profile and thermally broken, aluminum windows offer builders and architects an opportunity to maximize glass and minimize frame. More on Aluminum Windows.
Yes we even do wood windows. Thermally advantageous and known for their beauty, wood windows offer a natural window choice when it comes time to building your new home or renovating your older home. Contact us today form more information on Wood Windows.
Do it Yourself – Window Installation
Looking to install windows yourself and save a few dollars. If you’re handy with home construction and renovation projects then installing your own windows is and option for you. We’re happy to consult with you on your upcoming project, give you some install advice and even measure your job for you just so you can be assured that you order the right sized windows. Call us today to set-up a free in home consultation and measure.
Renovating old wood or aluminum windows?
Up to 35% of your home's heat loss can be attributed to old windows. Old wood, double pane or even single pane aluminum windows are typically the main heat loss culprits and new windows is usually the cure. A decreased Hydro bill is a given however people are always surprised by how:
- Little to no disruption there actually is to you, your family and your home.
- You don't have to lose the heritage or traditional look of your home by replacing windows.
- How inexpensive upgrading your windows really are.
- Quickly installation takes place: a matter of hours and not days/weeks. See Demo